Okay, I have been eyeing this top everytime I go to Threads. I get the pattern and the required templates. I was able to pull all the fabrics from my stash. Including some fabric hubby had purchased a few years for me to make him a quilt (that quilt never got made, as he saw a small wallhanging, and wanted it made into a king size quilt. Give me a break! SHEESH!)
I checked out her website, which had a great video on how to sew a Drunkard's Path block. In all my years, I had never done one. I think I was scared of those curves. Getting fearless in my old age! Sewing a Drunkard's Path block I found that using a stilletto on the smaller block was easier than using my finger to guide the fabric.
The templates made cutting out the blocks very easy. By folding a fat quarter, I was able to cut out 4 blocks at a time. I used a 5" by 22" strip folded in 4ths to cut the 3 1/2" templates. And the revolving rotary mat, and an 18mm rotary cutter helped also.
So this is what I have laid out so far. Hubby is helping with colour placement, and I think he is enjoying the process as much as I am! I am adding another row all around, plus three borders. Stayed tuned for further details!