Monday, October 27, 2014

Recent projects

I am going to try to be more regular with my blogging.  I have worked on lots of different projects over the past few months, and I hope to share in the future the ones that haven't been given away.

Last week our local guild hosted Millie Sorrells.  Millie is an award winning quilter, with several quilts in the National Quilt Museum.  She is the sweetest person you could ever meet.  She reminds me of my Aunt Zola.  I got to be a quilt holder for her trunk show...I can't believe I didn't get drool over them!  The quilting on them is drop dead gorgeous! I didn't get any pictures from the trunk show, unfortunately, but check out her website to see her talent.
The next day she taught two half day classes.  The morning hand quilting class was full, and I didn't take it.  In the afternoon, she taught Machine Trapunto.  This I took, and thoroughly enjoyed the class.

Here is Millie and I with my class project.  I did get the center trapunto piece done in class.  Most of the class did.  For my family, you can see why she reminds of Aunt Zola (my Featherweight is named after her).















This is my completed project.  I used wool batting, so the hearts in the border almost have a trapunto look to them!  I used Superior Kimono 100wt silk thread in the borders, and used the BSR (Bernina Stitch Regulator) for the quilting.  I reduced my stitch length to 1.5 and it gave me a great result.










I also finished up this little gem yesterday.  I had pieced it at a recent Sewing Saturday with the Material Girls.  The pattern called for hand embroidery.  I chose to do machine embroidery instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment