Friday, December 2, 2011

Sunflower wallhanging

I decided to work on a pattern that I had purchased at our recent guild quilt show!  I purchased the available embellishing kit that came with it, but after I got it made, I decided I like the look without the extra glitz.  GASP!!
It was fun to chose the yellows and oranges from my stash.  Even the center dotted fabric and the green leaf sashing was in my stash!  I need to look through those drawers more often!













I used Darlene Epps book for some inspiration!  I liked the look of this Madeline design.  Of course, it didn't look like this when I got done with my interpretation!
I used black Bottom Line (60wt Superior Thread) in the bobbin, and King Tut on top for the sashings!  Once I got in a rhythm, it became a lot of fun!
I think you can see the design better on the reverse.  But the busy dotted background really keeps the black stitching from being distracting!


3 comments:

  1. its lovely, by changing things around you make it your own...well done x ...and YES visit your stash, it can be surprising (and fun) what you find!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, it looks great! I just tried Bottom Line thread this weekend for the first time. Liked it a lot. Great job on this quilting. I know what you mean about the bling. Sometimes I want it and other times I don't. Can you give me more info on that book? I am interested in it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete