Thursday, September 5, 2013

Grand Rapids-Part 2

One of the best things about going to quilt shows are the classes!  I really am a quilt class junkie.  I love learning new techniques, meeting the teachers and the authors.  Getting to pick their brains on how to better my own quilting!  I love it!
My first class was with Katie Pasquini Masopust.  This was on color theory.  Our pre class requirement was to cut two 2 1/2 inch squares of fabrics from our stash.  Minimum of 100 was requested.  We had one energetic soul who cut over 400!  At the start of the class, we dumped all our precious squares in the middle of the table, and stirred!  Then the fun and the magic began!





By searching through squares, we each built a color wheel.  We talked about values at the same time.  What was so great was learning about color by using real fabrics that we have access to.
We then built samplers based on color patterns, such as using complementary, analgous, triads, etc!  What fun and laughter we had that day!
My next class was with Linda Hahn.  Another fun class!  Linda and I have been friends on Facebook, and it was great to get to meet her in person!  Her paper piecing technique for New York Beauties is awesome!  I learned loads of new information, and met new friends in class!
And YEA!  I didn't end up with a class UFO!  My class project is completed and ready to be quilted!  Hubby loves it, so it will get a high ranking on the to be quilted pile!
Sorry, but no pictures with my third class, and the real reason I went to Grand Rapids.  I attended David Taylor's Photoshop for Quilters lecture.  I have been wanting to learn more about Photoshop, and David's lecture helped.  He recommends Visual QuickStart Guide as the best guide to help you with Photoshop.  You can get a guide specific for the specific Photoshop program that you have (I have Photoshop Elements 8).  David is a great teacher, and totally approachable!  A great class.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. so glad you had a good time x.. and came home with a quilt top ready to quilt xx

    ReplyDelete