Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend retreat projects

This past Friday and Saturday my small group, the Material Girls, was invited to a weekend retreat with the Loose Threads at the Beds and Threads retreat center at Threads of Time in Danville, IL.  I can't go for the overnight fun, but I did go both days for lots of fun sewing.  I loaded up my gear and projects to work on.




One of the projects of my local quilt guild is a mystery round robin.  Instead of passing around the project, we are working on each step ourselves.  We have had a great participation.  A lot of people have reservations about having other people work on their projects, so this way that reservation was eliminated.  There is to be another step, but I think that I am going stop at this point.  There is a lot of opportunities for quilting that will enhance this piece!









I made this bag using jelly roll strips from StoneHenge fabrics. 
http://www.meandmysisterdesigns.com/patterns/downloads/sweet_treats_bag.pdf

The pattern is easy-peasy.  I am going to make several others for our quilt guild's quilt show boutique. 

We ended Saturday evening at O'Leary's in Danville where I enjoyed a delish crab cake sandwich, sweet potato fries, and a pint of Guiness!  Brilliant!

4 comments:

  1. Both lovely projects Maggie. I may pinch the bag idea for our own community sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Love the quilt and the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blue-yellow-green background fabric behind your center medallion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like tons of fun, and finishing it off with a Guiness sounds great! Can't wait to see how you quilt your first project!

    ReplyDelete