Saturday, April 16, 2011

It's a red letter day!

Just a short post.  Tonight I attended the East Central Illinois Refuge Assistance Center fund raiser.  My former boss, and the nicest person that I know, had asked if I would donate a quilt for their silent auction.  His wife is the executive director, and the second nicest person I know.  Circle of Life was initially started as a quilt for this silent auction, but has been detoured for a year while it goes to a few quilt shows.  I donated "Bouquets for a New Day", which was a block of the month in 2008 through "The Quilt Show".  It generated $450 for the center!  Yea!

And then I got an email that Circle of Life was accepted in the National Quilt Association's quilt show for this June!  It's not a juried show, they accept the first 400 entries.  However, it is a big thrill for me.  As NQA certifies judges, I know it will get some stern judging.  Which is a good thing!

3 comments:

  1. Maggie, that is just great! Congrats! Will you show us Bouquets for a New Day? I don't think I have seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo!! How fabulous, it's sure to do well. And whoever won BFND has a cracker too.

    ReplyDelete